Fun and easy to make — try these chips warm for a special treat.
- Baking sheet
- Measuring spoons
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- You can also add sesame seeds, poppy seeds or a combination
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 425 degrees.
- Using scissors, cut each pita into 8 triangles.
- Now, open up each triangle and cut it again to make 2 triangles. You should have 32 triangles total.
- Put the triangles on a baking sheet. Using a brush or your clean fingers, lightly coat the triangles with oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 425 degrees, transfer the baking sheet to the oven and cook until the pita is lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Eat warm or set aside to cool.