Green Pear Salad
Do you think you don't like blue cheese? You might not! Maybe you haven't even tried it. But there is something magical about the combination of blue cheese and pears. See if it makes a blue-cheese lover (or even a liker) out of you. And, of course, if you don't like blue cheese, you can swap in a different cheese or just leave it out.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut or torn into small pieces
- 2 ripe peras, cored and chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber (the plastic-wrapped kind), quartered and sliced (or 1 regular cucumber, peeled, cut in half, the seeds scraped out with a spoon, and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (or feta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (any kind) or lemon juice
- pinch salt
Put all the ingredients in the bowl and use the tongs or spoons to toss (mix) well. Use a clean fork to taste a piece of lettuce. Does it need more vinegar, oil, or another pinch of salt? Add it, toss, and taste again.