Pink Power Smoothie
This strawberry-vanilla shake is healthy enough to make a great grab-and-go breakfast—and yummy enough to be a delicious anytime treat.
Blender (adult needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (if using fresh, hull them first)
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk, orange juice, or water
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 pitted date or 1/2 banana (if you want to make it a little bit sweeter)
- 2 ice cubes (if using fresh strawberries)
Put all the ingredients in the blender.
Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
Divide the smoothie equally between 2 glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
DID YOU KNOW?
Adding a pinch of salt to the smoothie doesn’t make it salty, it makes it less tart. The salt distracts your taste buds so that they’re too busy to perceive all the tartness.