Classic(ish) Three-bean salad
This is our version of the classic picnic salad. We like it because we usually have canned beans in the pantry, which get us two-thirds of the way there! And our little secret? If we don’t have any fresh beans, we sometimes add an extra can and serve the salad over greens.
- 1 can (or 1 1⁄2 cups) dark red kidney or black beans, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 1 can (or 1 1⁄2 cups) white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed in cold water
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and snapped into bite-size pieces
- 3 scallions, roots trimmed off, white and green parts chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (about 1⁄2 small bunch)
- 1⁄3 cup Garlicky Mustard Vinaigrette
Put the beans, scallions, and parsley in the bowl and toss to combine.
Pour the vinaigrette over the beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight, to let the flavors meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.