Chunky Artichoke-Bean Dip
This is like a cross between a more classic artichoke dip and hummus, and it’s delicious with crostini or pita chips or scooped up with raw vegetables.
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Juice and grated zest of one lemon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Put all the ingredients in the food processor and process until chunky-smooth. Or, put everything in a bowl and mash with a fork until chunky. Taste the dip. Does it need more lemon? A pinch of salt? If so, then add it, and taste again.
Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.