Keen Peachy Smoothie
A smoothie is like a cool breeze—just right for a hot day! Most store-bought smoothies are too high in sugar. But if you make one yourself using real fruit and plain yogurt, it's a super-healthy drink that's also a great snack.
- 1⁄4 cup coconut water or tap water
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 fresh peaches, pitted and chopped, or 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1⁄2 large overripe banana, sliced (and frozen, if possible)
- 2 ice cubes (if using nonfrozen fruit)
- 6 toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts
Put all the ingredients in the blender.
Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
Divide the smoothie equally between the glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.