Why eat your bananas when you can drink them! If your bananas aren’t frozen, feel free to add an extra ice cube or two.
Blender (adult needed)
- 2 overripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup milk or almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup almonds
- 2 ice cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
Put all the ingredients in the blender.
Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30–60 seconds.
Pour the smoothie into the glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
To help make any smoothie colder and thicker, it’s great to have slices of frozen banana ready to go. And it’s easy!
- Peel an overripe banana.
- Slice it into thin rounds.
- Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag and put it in the freezer.