Spicy Roasted Nuts
These are crunchy and just a little spicy — a perfect gift for any nut-lover on your list! Package them in small plastic bags, or in small lidded jars. Tie a ribbon around, add a gift tag, and get ready to say, “You’re welcome”!
Rimmed baking sheet
Spoon, for mixing
- 4 cup raw almonds, walnuts, pecans, or a combination
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Turn the oven on and set the heat to 300 degrees.
Put all the ingredients on the baking sheet and use the spoon to mix well.
Once the oven temperature has reached 300 degrees, carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and roast until the nuts are a shade darker, 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool before packaging.
To make the nuts:
- Sweet: add 1 tablespoon honey, real maple syrup, or sugar.
- Curried: add 2 teaspoons curry powder.
- Spicier: double the chili powder.