Edible Gifts: Nut Butter and Salad Dressing
Of course you can buy pre-made nut butter and salad dressing, but it’s so much more fun to make it for someone. Plus, we think it’s more delicious. Put the nut butter and dressing into jars with custom gift tags for some great edible holiday gifts. Click through for the full recipes.
For a change from peanut butter, make a batch of outrageously good and good-for-you walnut butter! You can use raw or toasted walnuts: raw walnuts make a very creamy and smooth texture that tastes like a just-shelled walnut, while toasted walnuts make a sweet, coarse, and nubby spread. Nut butter can be refrigerated for up to a week so whoever you gift it to has some time to eat it.
Give everyone on your list a bottle of customizable salad dressing, with ideas for tasty additions. Make a gift tag that offers your gift-getters a description of what it is, and ideas for finishing it:
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dried herbs (like thyme, rosemary, oregano)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (like mint, dill, basil, cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground spice (like black pepper, cayenne, cumin)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, lime, or orange zest