If you have fresh herbs handy — cilantro, basil, or mint — stir some into the batter. They add a wonderful flavor to the finished dish.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the shredded zucchini in the colander and sprinkle with the salt. Set the colander in the bowl.
- Using your hand, press down on the zucchini so that as much liquid as possible drains out into the bowl. Stir the zucchini and repeat. Throw away the liquid.
- Put the zucchini in the bowl and add the eggs, flour, cheese, and scallions. Mix well.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot (flick some water on — it should dance and evaporate immediately), add the oil.
- Using the tablespoon, scoop blobs of the zucchini mixture from the bowl and spread it into a round, flat nest on the skillet: it should make a circle that’s about 2 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. Repeat to fill the skillet.
- Cook until the bottoms are deeply golden, about 5 minutes, then turn the pancakes over and cook 5 more minutes. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve with plain yogurt.