White House Peanut Butter Granola Bars
By Margi Fineran, White House Pastry ChefNewsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to coat everything in peanut butter.
- Prepare a 12×18-inch sheet pan by lightly brushing it with canola oil.
- Spread the well-mixed ingredients into the prepared pan and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- It’s a stiff mixture, to really push it together, cover with parchment or wax paper and roll it into place with a rolling pin.
- Chill or freeze before cutting into squares.
This is a no bake granola bar, but I have found that it is easy to blend it together if the oatmeal has been toasted and it’s still a little warm.
This can be made with sunbutter or almond butter instead of peanut butter