White House Oatmeal Cookies
By Bill Yosses, White House Executive Pastry ChefNewsletter Sign Up
Hands-on time: 0 | Total time: 0 | Makes: 4 Dozen Cookies
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn on the oven and set the heat for 330 degrees.
- Put the butter and sugars in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until light and fluffy and then add the cherries or raisins.
- Put the dry ingredients in a bowl and sift together. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix on slow speed until the ingredients just come together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, make small cookie dough balls and put on ungreased cookie sheet.
- When the oven temperature has reached 330 degrees, put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 14 minutes.