Two-Fruit Ice Cream
If you’ve never blended frozen bananas into instant, creamy, dreamy ice cream, you’re in for a surprise! It’s amazing. Here we’re adding pineapple or strawberries too, for extra tang and flavor. Include the nut butter if you crave a little extra richness.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the fruit in a single layer on a plate and freeze until just solid, around 2 hours. (It’s actually easiest to remove the frozen fruit if you freeze it on a fexible plastic plate or large plastic lid: bend it, and the fruit will pop off .)
- Put the pineapple or strawberry chunks in the food processor and pulse until they start to form small pieces.
- Add the bananas and, if you are using it, the nut butter. At first the bananas will want to spin around and stay icy, but keep at it, stopping the machine and using the wooden spoon to loosen the mixture if it stops moving. At some point, it will suddenly go creamy and custardy, like soft-serve ice cream.
- Serve right away, or store in the freezer in a lidded container.
Add any or all of the following:
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
• 1 teaspoon lime zest