Top-Your-Own Breakfast Taco
These tacos make a great breakfast in bed to celebrate that special someone on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day (hint, hint). Add fruit kabobs and milk to make a perfectly rounded breakfast.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to low. Add 2 tortillas, on top of the other. After 1 minute, flip them and leave them for another minute (you’ll end up heating 1 side of each tortilla). Repeat with the other 2 tortillas. Turn the heat off, wrap the tortillas in the clean dish towel, and set them aside.
- Crack the eggs: hit the midpoint between the more-rounded (wide) end and the pointier end of the egg against a clean counter.
- Hold the egg over the small bowl or mug with the cracked part facing up. Pry the shell open gently and allow the egg inside to slide into the bowl. Be sure to wash your hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs!
- Use the fork to beat the mixture well until the yolks and whites are blended and pale yellow.
- Turn the heat under the skillet to medium and add the oil. After a minute, pour in the eggs.
- Drag the spatula across the bottom of the pan to move the cooked egg aside so that the uncooked egg runs underneath, closer to the heat (the egg on the bottom, closest to the heat, will cook first). Keep pulling the cooked egg aside until the mixture is firm and cooked.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas and serve with the small bowls of toppings.
“Diced” means cut up into cubes or squares about the size of dice.