Tomato Salad with Basil and Feta Cheese
Nothing says “summer” like a sun-warmed, fresh tomato you grew yourself. If you have a little patch of dirt or a sunny place to put a big pot, make this the summer to try it.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the tomatoes, feta, and basil in the bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to overnight.
If you don’t like feta cheese, try substituting diced mozzarella, cheddar, or some grated Parmesan.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder.
- Swap in fresh peaches or nectarines, pitted and diced, for two of the tomatoes.
- Add 1-2 cups white beans or chickpeas.