Tarragon Chicken Salad
Tarragon was used by the Greeks as early as 500 BC. They used it as a cure for toothaches! This salad is great as a sandwich or on top of a green salad.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the cooked chicken into the large mixing bowl.
- Put the yogurt and mayonnaise into the small mixing bowl and mix them together with the spoon or fork.
- Add the mustard and vinegar to the small bowl and mix together well.
- Pour the ingredients from the small bowl into the large bowl and stir, stir, stir!
- Add the apple, celery, and fresh or dried tarragon and stir for about 10 seconds they are just combined but aren’t mixed together too well.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add raisins, dried apricots, toasted walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
If you don’t like or don’t have tarragon, substitute basil, cilantro, parsley, or half the amount of dill. You can even leave the herb out entirely.
“Diced” means cut up in squares about the size of dice.