Tahini is an interesting ingredient. Even if you like sesame seeds, you may not like the taste of tahini all by itself; some people find its taste bitter while others find it nutty. But don’t let that stop you from making this tangy, creamy dressing. We eat it on salads all the time, but it’s also great drizzled on roasted vegetables, grilled chicken or beef, and beans.
- Measuring cup
- Jar with lid or small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Fork or whisk
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Put all the ingredients in the jar, put the lid on tightly, and shake, shake, shake.
Add 1 minced garlic clove and/or 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce.