Sweet Sesame Snacking Almonds
Sweet sesame snacking Almonds
Sweet and just a little bit spicy, these almonds get an added crunch from sesame seeds. Give them to the nut lover on your list!
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon, for mixing
- Baking sheet
- Pot holder
- Heatproof spatula
- Clean, empty jar with lid
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 250 degrees.
- Put the almonds, maple syrup (or honey), salt, cinnamon, and chili powder in the bowl and mix well.
- Empty the mixture onto the baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Once the oven temperature has reached 250 degrees, transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the nuts are shiny and lightly toasted, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully, remove the baking sheet from the oven, add the sesame seeds and mix well, until most of the seeds are stuck on the almonds.
- Quickly, loosen the nuts from the baking sheet with the spatula and set aside to cool.
- Put the almonds in the jar for gifting.