This delicious drink tastes like an orange-cream bar, and will give you a little burst of summery feeling even in the dead of winter. Plus, some extra vitamin C might help you fight off cold-weather colds.
- Cutting board
- Dinner knife
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Blender (adult needed)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 unit ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 unit ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
- Divide the smoothie equally between 2 glasses and serve right away, or store in a thermos or covered in the refrigerator, up to 4 hours.
Think Ahead: Freeze the banana ahead of time for a slushier smoothie!