Quesadillas are like flat, crispy-edged grilled cheese sandwiches and make a great lunch or dinner, especially if you serve them with our summery toppings! You can use any canned beans or fresh vegetables you like in the filling.
- Put a tortilla on the large plate and sprinkle 1/4 cup grated cheese over half of it. Try not to get the cheese too close to the edge of the tortilla.
- Top with half the filling, then fold the tortilla over to make a half-moon shape.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot, carefully add 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Carefully, add the stuffed tortilla to the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using the spatula, turn the tortilla over and cook another 2 minutes. Move the cooked tortilla to the serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining tortilla, cheese, olive oil, and filling.
- Garnish and serve right away.