These sweet treats need to be refrigerated, so don’t put them under the tree! They’re perfect to bring to a party or potluck, or to serve if you’ve got family visiting.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Measuring spoons
- 12 dates
- 6 teaspoons cheese of your choice: including ricotta, goat, cream cheese, cheddar, or blue cheese
- 12 toasted pecan or walnut halves
- Cut a slit in each date and remove the stone, if the dates are not already pitted.
- Fill the cavity with the cheese and top the cheese with a pecan or walnut half. Squeeze shut the opening.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to overnight. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.