If there’s anything more refreshing than a bright pink two-fruit smoothie, we don’t know what it is! Plus, it makes for a nice, cooling start to your day.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Large plate
- Measuring cups
- Blender (adult needed)
- 2 glasses
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries (if using fresh, hull them first)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Put the watermelon cubes in a single layer on the plate and freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Put the frozen watermelon in the blender, then add the strawberries, yogurt, and cold water.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Pour the smoothie into the glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
If you don’t have the patience to wait for your melon to freeze, swap in 1⁄2 cup ice cubes for the cold water.