Strawberry- Vanilla Smoothie
This fruity shake is healthy enough to make a great grab-and-go breakfast —and yummy enough to be a delicious anytime treat.
Blender (adult needed)
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn on the blender to medium speed and blend until the mixture is smooth, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Divide the smoothie equally between the 2 glasses and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
Did You Know?
Adding a pinch of salt to the smoothie doesn’t make it salty, it makes it less tart. The salt distracts your taste buds so that they’re too busy to perceive all the tartness.
- Make it Nutty: Add 2 tablespoons nut butter.
- Make it Banana-y: Substitute 1 overripe banana for half the strawberries.
- Make it Peachy: Use peaches instead of all or some of the strawberries.
- Make it Minty: Substitute teaspoon peppermint extract or 6 mint leaves for the vanilla extract.