Sesame Crusted Tofu
Very plain tasting to start with, tofu take on yumptious flavors while cooking. This recipe comes out crunchy and nutty on the outside, soft and creamy inside.
Clean dish towel or paper towels
- Put the block of tofu on a cutting board, and cut it into 4 long sections. Then cut each section into 3 chunks.
- To drain the liquid, put a dish towel or 2 layers of paper towel on the cutting board, and put the tofu on top. Let it drain 5 to 10 minutes.
- Repeat step 2 using a dry towel or paper towel.
- Put the sesame seeds on a plate, add the tofu pieces and turn them until coated.
- With the help of your adult, put a skillet over medium-high heat and when it is hot, add the oil.
- Add the tofu and cook until it is golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Drizzle the soy sauce over the cooked tofu and cook 1 more minute. Serve right away.
Did you know? In China, spirits of dead ancestors are believed to have no jaws for chewing. So food offerings to these ghosts need to be really soft. Plain tofu makes a perfect snack for them!