Roasted Root Veggies
You’ve already got the oven on for the chicken — what a perfect time to roast some veggies too! As you get more experienced, you can arrange the veggies around the chicken and cook them that way. But first-timers should cook the vegetables in a separate pan so you can tell when they’re done. Feel free to add or substitute other root vegetables such as turnips or parsnips. We love pairing these with chicken, but you can also eat them cold, by themselves, or paired with pasta or rice, and even in frittatas.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 425 degrees.
- Put the onion, carrots, potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl and mix well.
- Dump the contents of the bowl onto the baking sheet, making sure the vegetables are in a single layer, not crowded on top of each other.
- Carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and bake until the vegetables are deeply colored on the outside and tender inside, about 45 minutes.
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
“Diced” means cut up into cubes or squares about the size of dice.