The radishes will take less time to roast if they’re smaller and/or older, and a little longer if they’re bigger and/or juicier. Start checking them after 15 minutes, and roast them longer if they need it. You want the white insides to be golden when they’re done.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Rimmed baking sheet
Medium-sized mixing bowl
Spoon, for mixing
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 425 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix well.
- Put the mixture on the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 425 degrees, carefully put the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. Use pot holders to carefully remove the pan from the oven, then use the mixing spoon to toss the radishes.
- Put the baking sheet back in the oven and cook until the radishes have browned, an additional 5-20 minutes. Serve right away.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, thyme, or cilantro leaves when the radishes come out of the oven.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried thyme when you cook them.
- Sprinkle with the juice of 1/2 lime or lemon when they come out of the oven.