Roasting pears makes them soft and tender and concentrates all their sweetness to make a simple, satisfying autumn dessert.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Small baking pan
- Measuring spoons
- Pot holders
- 2 pears, halved and cored
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 375 degrees.
- Put the pears in the baking pan cut-side up and drizzle with the maple syrup or honey.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 375 degrees, put the baking pan in the oven and bake until the pears are slightly golden and softened, about 30 minutes.
- Put the walnuts in the hollow space in each pear and serve warm.