Light and luscious, these are a dreamy cousin of regular pancakes.
Large fork, for mixing
- Crack the eggs into the bowl.
- Add the ricotta cheese, flour, salt, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- When the skillet is hot, carefully add the oil or butter.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure for each pancake, drop the batter into the skillet, spacing the pancakes so that they don’t run together. Cook until there are many little bubbles on each pancake’s surface, about 2 minutes.
- Using the spatula, flip the pancakes over and cook until golden, about 2 minutes, then transfer to the plate. Repeat until all the batter is used. (The batter will make about eight 4-inch pancakes.)
- Serve right away with jam or maple syrup and yogurt.
No ricotta? No worries! You can substitute cottage cheese.
You can add lots of different ingredients to this batter! Some of our favorites are:
- 1 tablespoon dried coconut, wheat germ, or flaxseed
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup blueberries, raspberries, or sliced
- banana or strawberries