Ranch is a favorite dressing with the kids we know, and it’s no wonder! It’s creamy and, as our Kids Advisory Board member Aleeza put it, “garlicky and herby”—and it’s as good to scoop up with raw vegetables as it is to dress a salad.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Garlic press
- Measuring cup
- Small mixing bowl
- Fork or whisk
- Measuring spoons
- Jar or lidded container
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard (any kind you like)
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and pressed through a garlic press or minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, chives, or flat-leaf parsley leaves
- pinch kosher salt
- black pepper
- Put the yogurt and buttermilk in the mixing bowl and, using a fork or whisk, mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix again.
- Taste the dressing on a small piece of lettuce. Does it need more of anything? If so, add it and taste again.
- Pour into the container, cover, and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.