Pumpkin Loaf with Raisins and Dried Cherries
Here’s a recipe for a sweet and wholesome quick bread that’s the perfect treat to pack in a lunchbox.
By Bill YossesNewsletter Sign Up
Hands-on time: 25 | Total time: 80 | Makes: 12 Servings
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pan with cooking spray (or grease it with oil).
- Put the flours, seeds, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in the small bowl and use the whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- Put the pumpkin, oil, honey, brown sugar, and eggs in the large bowl and use the mixer or a spoon to combine until well blended.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dried fruits and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Once the oven temperature has reached 350 degrees, put the pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick, when you stick it into the loaf, comes out clean with no batter on it, 50-55 minutes.
- Set aside to cool in the pan. Turn the loaf out onto the cooling rack and let cool completely. Cover and leave at room temperature for up to 3 days.