A little pomegranate juice mixed with bubbly water makes a tasty, refreshing drink that you can feel great about serving to your friends and family. If you like mint, you can use a spoon to lightly mash three or four fresh mint leaves in the bottom of the glass before adding the other ingredients. Mash the mint just until you can smell it, not until it turns dark and mushy. By Adam Ried
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
- Drinking glass
- Spoon, for stirring
- 1 lemon, well washed
- 1⁄3 cup pomegranate juice (without sugar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup cold seltzer water
- ice cubes
- Cut thin slices or wedges from the lemon (1 wedge for each drink you’re making).
- In a drinking glass, gently stir together the pomegranate juice, vanilla extract, and bubbly water (be careful because it can foam up and overflow the glass). Add some ice cubes, squeeze the lemon slice into the drink, then plunk it in, stir the mixture gently, and drink up!
No pomegranate juice? No problem! Try substituting pure grape juice or apple cider.