Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich - Toasted!
"Going bananas" means being really silly. The expression comes from the way monkeys act when they get fed. We bet you'll go bananas for this treat!
4 slices whole wheat, seven grain or raisin bread
3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced the long way
- Put two pieces of bread on the counter. Spread half the peanut (or almond) butter on each slice.
- Top each slice with half the banana slices. Cover each with another slice of bread.
- With the help of your adult, put a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- After about 2 minutes, with the help of your adult, add the sandwiches.
- After about 2-3 minutes, the bottom should be golden brown. Using a spatula, flip each sandwich and cook until the new bottom is golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- With the help of your adult, using a spatula, put the sandwiches on a plate, let cool for a few minutes and cut in half.