Pasta with Peas
What does “comfort food” mean to you? To us, it means this perfect, familiar dish that’s quick and easy to boot. You actually cook the peas just by draining the pasta over them in the colander!
Large serving bowl
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the peas in the colander and put the colander in the sink.
- Fill the pot halfway with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Just before the pasta is done, use the mug to carefully scoop out 1/2 cup or so of cooking water and set it aside.
- Drain the pasta in the colander with the peas.
- Put the pasta and peas in the bowl and add the oil, butter, salt, and pepper. Mix well. If the pasta seems dry, add some of the reserved cooking water, then mix again. Add the Parmesan cheese and serve right away.
Make it Spinach-y: Add 2 cups chopped spinach when you add the oil.
Make it Herby: Add cup chopped fresh basil or parsley leaves when you add the oil.