Our Favorite Egg Salad
We love this creamy, crunchy, comforting classic! Serve it in a sandwich or wrap, inside a lettuce leaf, or scooped on top of a green salad.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, herbs, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the celery and mix well.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and then cut them back and forth a few more times (they don’t need to be evenly cut and they don’t need to be cut into tiny pieces).
- Add the eggs to the bowl and, using the fork or spoon, mix well. Now taste the egg salad. Does it need a pinch more salt? If so, add it and taste again. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
OR ELSE Do you like your egg salad super-creamy? Add an additional 1 tablespoon each olive oil and yogurt.
• Curried Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil leaves
• Lemony Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• Oniony Egg Salad: Add 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion or scallions, and, if you have any, a tablespoon of slivered chives
DID YOU KNOW?
The most commonly asked cooking question of Amazon’s voice- activated Echo device is “How do I boil an egg?”