Orange Bean Dip
Of course we’re serving this orange dip with orange vegetables! But feel free to put out any crisp dippables you like. Add whole-wheat crackers, and you’ve got a yummy lunch.
Food Processor (adult needed)
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your kitchen gear and ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the beans, garlic, cumin and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and put the top on tightly. Process until smooth.
- Add the orange juice, chili powder and cilantro and process again until smooth. Taste the dip, and add more of anything if it needs it.
- Using the spatula, scrape out the dip into a serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate up to three days or serve immediately garnished with extra cilantro.
Variation: substitute any kind of bean for the dark red kidneys.