Spring is in the air. But before summer gets here, with all its heaps of glorious fruit, make the most of the end of winter’s bounty: juicy oranges and luscious bananas, which you can layer with yogurt and nuts for a little morning sunshine.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed)
- Measuring cup
- 2 glasses
- 1 orange or 2 clementines, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts, almonds, or pecans*
- Divide the chopped orange into 4 piles.
- Divide the sliced banana into 4 piles.
- Divide the chopped nuts into 4 piles.
- Put 1 pile of orange into 1 glass. Top with 1/4 cup yogurt. Top with 1 pile of banana. Sprinkle with 1 pile of nuts. Repeat in the same glass.
- Repeat Step 4 in the second glass. Serve right away.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons raisins between each layer.
- In the mood for a parfait you can drink? Put all the ingredients in a blender with 3 ice cubes and 1/2 cup milk, juice, or water and blend until smooth.