If picking out five separate salad greens is too complicated (or expensive), feel free to use a bag of mixed salad greens. Please note that this recipe makes a lot of dressing — more than you’ll need for a single salad. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- To make the dressing: Put the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and any optional add-ins (below) in the jar and shake, shake, shake. OR put everything in the bowl and whisk, whisk, whisk. OR put everything except the oil in a blender or food processor and put the top on tightly. Turn the machine on, blend and then slowly add the oil. (This makes the creamiest dressing.)
- Put the torn greens into the bowl and drizzle with the salad dressing until lightly coated (you will have lots have lots left over for more salads). Toss with the tongs or salad servers, and serve right away.
5 Dressing Add-ins
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, basil, or thyme
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini