It might seem like a lot of work, but cutting the grapefruit’s sections free with a knife doesn’t take long, and it makes eating it so much easier.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Grapefruit or paring knife
Small baking pan or ovenproof skillet
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set it to broil.
- Loosen the segments using the grapefruit or paring knife, slicing along each section between the fruit and the papery membrane, and then along the peel edge as well.
- Put the grapefruit halves, cut side up, on the baking pan. Drizzle each half with 1 teaspoon honey and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and broil until the grapefruit halves are bubbling and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool a little bit, then enjoy warm.