Herby Roast Chicken
Chicken and herbs go so well together. You can vary the herbs as you like, but be sure to choose one with a woody stem — like the ones we suggest below — since tender herbs such as parsley or basil won’t hold up as well in the oven.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Zester (adult needed)
Large rimmed baking sheet
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 425 degrees.
- Put everything in the bowl and mix well. Proceed with the recipe or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Dump the contents of the bowl onto the baking sheet, making sure the chicken pieces are in a single layer, not crowded on top of one another.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 425 degrees, put the pan in the oven and bake until the chicken is well browned and crispy, about 45 minutes.
- Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.