Green Pineapple Smoothie
You’ll see the kale — which your body will love — but what you’ll taste is pineapple and banana. Want it even frostier? Add a couple of ice cubes to the blender.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Blender (adult needed)
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Put the top on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. (Add up to 1 cup cold water if the mixture is too thick to blend.)
- Serve right away or cover and refrigerate up to 1 hour.
Save the kale stems for a pot of soup! Or chop them up and cook them in a pan with a bit of olive oil, a splash of water, and a chopped garlic clove. When they’re tender, they’ll make a tasty side dish.
To help make smoothies colder and thicker, it’s great to have slices of frozen banana ready to go. It’s easy:
- Peel overripe bananas.
- Use a butter knife to slice them into thin rounds.
- Put the slices in a resealable plastic bag, label the bag with the number of bananas it contains, and freeze until needed.