Green Eggs (No Ham) Sandwich
Eggs are a great source of protein, the building block of muscles!
2 large eggs
1⁄2 teaspoon olive or canola oil
2 whole-wheat English muffins, cut in half. Toast them if you like crusty bread.
4 flat-leaf spinach leaves, washed then dried with a clean dish towel or paper towel
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Crack one egg on the rim of a short glass and then empty it into the glass. Throw away the shell.
- Put a small skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Let it heat up and after about 2 minutes, add the oil.
- Slowly slide the egg from the glass to one side of the skillet.
- Crack the second egg on the rim of the glass and empty it into the glass. Throw away the shell.
- Slowly slide the second egg from the glass into the egg-less side of the skillet.
- When the eggs start to set and the edges are solid, use a spatula to flip the first egg.
- Flip the second egg, then cover the skillet and cook until the yolk is firm.
- Put the two bottom halves of the English muffin on a plate. Slide the eggs onto the muffins, and top with the spinach. Cover the other half of the english muffin. Serve right away.