Green Eggs No Ham #3
Okay, we admit that this isn’t our first Green Eggs recipe — but it’s different every time! And this version is a really great one, with the combination of crispy fried egg, crunchy English muffin, and luscious avocado. Try it and see.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Toaster (adult needed)
Short glass or mug
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the English muffins on the cutting board and top each bottom half with 1⁄2 the avocado. Mash the avocado with the fork until it covers the bottom of the English muffin.
- Crack 1 egg into the glass or mug: hit the midpoint between the more-rounded (wide) end and the pointier end of the egg against the sharp edge of the glass. Hold the egg over the glass with the cracked part facing up. Pry the shell open gently and allow the egg to slide into the glass. Throw away the shell.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot (flick some water on it: the drops should dance and sizzle), add the oil.
- Carefully slide the egg from the glass to one side of the skillet.
- Repeat steps 2 and 4 with the second egg.
- When the eggs start to set and the edges are solid, use the spatula to flip the first egg. Flip the second egg and cook until the yolks are almost firm, about 1 minute.
- Slide the eggs onto the avocado-topped English muffin halves and then top each with a pinch of salt and the other half of the English muffin. Serve right away.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 red onion slice
- 1 cheddar cheese slice
- Sliced cucumber and/ or a few leaves of spinach or arugula
No English muffins? No problem. Use whole-wheat toast instead.