If you’ve ever eaten a Creamsicle, then you know that orange tastes great with vanilla. And it turns out that grapefruit does too! This is a light, refreshing drink that tames grapefruit’s bitter edge. By Adam Ried
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Spoon, for stirring
- 4 glasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold seltzer water
- ice cubes
- Put the grapefruit juice, vanilla extract, and honey or maple syrup (if using) in the pitcher, and stir until the honey or syrup dissolves.
- Add the seltzer and stir gently (be careful because it can foam up and overflow).
- Pour into the glasses, add ice cubes, and serve right away.