GORP might stand for “good old raisins and peanuts,” but that doesn’t mean you have to stick with the trail-mix basics! Go for a combination of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy, and you’ll make yourself a satisfying, nutrition-packed on-the-go snack.
- Measuring cups
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Large lidded container or 8 small jars
- 2 cup toasted nuts: peanuts, walnuts, almonds, cashews, pecans
- 1 cup cup dried fruit: raisins, unsweetened cranberries, cherries, other berries, chopped or sliced pineapple, papaya, apples, apricot
- 1 cup cup extras: coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, granola, banana chips, wholegrain cereal, popcorn
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl and stir well.
- Pour into the container or portion into the jars. Cover tightly and store at room temperature for up to 1 month.