Garlicky Green Beans
This is one of those amazing vegetable recipes that makes something so delicious you can’t stop eating it — and you don’t need to! This makes a great side dish for just about anything, and the beans are good at room-temperature or cold too.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to low. When it is hot, add the oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger (if using) and cook until they just start to color (they’ll get a little bit golden), about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and stir until they are lightly coated with the oil.
- Add the water, raise the heat to high, and cook until the pan is almost dry, about 6 minutes.
- Serve right away.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almonds or walnuts
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or cilantro
- Add 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (if you want to make it spicy)