A good, flavorful vinaigrette like this really ties together the ingredients in a grain bowl. And, of course, it's delicious on a salad! This recipe makes a lot of dressing, which is great because then you'll have some on hand whenever you want it.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife (adult needed) or garlic press
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
- Whisk or fork
- Jar with tight-fitting lid
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced* or put through a garlic press
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Using the whisk or a fork, mix until everything is well combined, about 30 seconds. (If you prefer, put all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake, shake, shake!)
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks.
Don't love oregano? Try basil, dill, marjoram, or thyme instead. *"Minced" means finely chopped