Frambled Green Eggs
Frambled eggs are half fried and half scrambled, which makes them super easy to make. (You really can’t mess them up!) Green beans with eggs might sound strange, but it’s a delicious combination, and it makes a great breakfast or lunch (or even—why not?—dinner).
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Toaster (adult needed)
2 small plates
- Put the skillet on the stove and set the heat to medium. Add the olive oil.
- Add the green beans and cook until they turn bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet with the green beans (if that’s too tricky, crack them into a cup first), and cook until the edges of the eggs start to firm up, about 1 minute.
- Using the rubber spatula, break the egg yolks and mix them with the whites. Cook until the eggs are just set, about 2 minutes.
- Put the toast on the plates. Top each piece of toast with half the egg and green bean mixture and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve right away.
No green beans? No problem! Substitute 2 cups chopped fresh spinach or kale for the beans, and cook just until bright green (about 1 minute) before adding the eggs.
Add 2 tablespoons grated cheese and/or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, like basil or cilantro, when you mix the yolks with the whites.