Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Put the oil, spices, salt, and garlic in the bowl and mix well.
- Cut the fish into 1-inch strips, put them in the bowl, and use your clean fingers to coat them with the spice mixture. Set the fish aside. Be sure to wash your hands with soap and water after handling raw fish!
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When it is hot, add the tortillas, one at a time, and cooked until warm, about 30 seconds on each side. Wrap them in a dish towel to keep warm.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the fish and cook 3 minutes, then use the spatula to flip the pieces over. Cook until the fish breaks easily into flakes when you poke it with a fork, about 2 minutes.
- Give each person two tortillas and let them assemble the tacos with the toppings they like.
DID YOU KNOW?
Cabbage is in the same family as kale, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower, collards, Brussels sprouts, and radish. They are called cruciferous vegetables because the four petals of their flowers make a cross shape, and cruciferous is Latin for “bearing a cross.”