A quesadilla is like a grilled cheese sandwich, but instead of bread, you use tortillas. It’s a perfect after-school snack, quick lunch, or dinner when you serve it with a salad. You can make it more filling by adding your favorite beans or fresh vegetables.Newsletter Sign Up
- Put one tortilla on the large plate and sprinkle 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese over it, then add 1⁄4 cup corn kernels. Top with a second tortilla.
- Put the skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. When the skillet is hot, add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Carefully add the filled tortilla to the hot skillet and cook until the bottom is lightly browned and the cheese is gooey, about 2 minutes. Using the spatula, turn the tortilla over and cook another 2 minutes. Move the cooked quesadilla to the serving plate.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, cheese, corn, and oil. Serve right away.
Feel free to use a flour tortilla! Then it will just be a Single-Corn Quesadilla.
Add any or all of these (1/4 cup total) to each tortilla when you add the cheese and corn:
- Canned or cooked black beans
- Sliced or shredded cooked chicken
- Baby spinach or kale