Curried Tofu Fingers
The biggest tofu myth is that it has no taste. It quickly takes on the most delicious flavors. Serve this dish plain or with mango chutney* mixed with yogurt.Newsletter Sign Up
Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all your equipment and ingredients and put them on a counter.
- Turn the oven on and set the heat to 450 degrees.
- To drain the liquid** from the tofu, put a dish towel or 2 layers of paper towels on the cutting board, and put the tofu on top. Let it drain at least 20 minutes and up to one hour.
- Repeat Step 2 using a dry towel or paper towel. Let drain 10 minutes. When finished, throw the towel in the wash.
- Put the block of tofu on a cutting board, and cut it into 4 long sections. Then cut each section into finger-size pieces.
- Put the oil, curry, and salt on the baking pan and mix it around. Add the tofu pieces and gently roll them in the curry oil until all the sides are coated.
- Once the oven temperature has reached 450 degrees, put the baking pan in the oven and bake until the tofu is just browned, about 30 minutes. Serve right away.
*Chutney is a thick sauce, spicy or sweet, that you dip other foods into.
**Tofu is really watery. You have to dry it out a lot before cooking it.